Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Am I Pessimistic??Oh!! Am I??Really??


Today, when I attempted to put a pen down to script ‘My Thoughts’, I never knew what point to start with. Some people may obviously judge after reading that I am in some sort of depression or anger while I am writing this down, but I have decided to share this after consistent research( in my day to day life). Even then if you feel the other way, just try answering these questions, and after that ask your conscience whether I am the only so called pessimist here.
1)      Do you ever think the (so) much Hyped Lokpal bill will be passed the way we intend it to pass?(whatever the Government is, NDA or UPA)
2)      Did you ever go to a MRO office and have got a work done without bribing even a peon?
3)      Did you ever happen to visit a Government Hospital and see it’s facilties?
And finally the final question
4)      Does this list not go unending??
When I was talking to someone the other day, he says implementation of technology can bring down corruption and add transparency to the system, try answering this question-
è Did you ever try to book a ticket online in Tatkal or at least at the reservation office?(If you think that you are not able to book them just because the server is slow, GROW UP)
The list goes unending.. Now let’s consider some words of an Optimist, Genius and a man who made this Nation proud- Abdul  Kalam.
“Why is the media here so negative? Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognize our own strengths, our achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so many amazing success stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why? We are the first in milk production. We are number one in Remote sensing satellites. We are the second largest producer of wheat. We are the second largest producer of rice. Look at Dr. Sudarshan, he has transferred the tribal village into a self-sustaining, self-driving unit. There are millions of such achievements but our media is only obsessed in the bad news and failures and disasters.---etc ., etc--I was in Hyderabad giving this lecture, when a 14 year old girl asked me for my autograph. I asked her what her goal in life is: She replied: I want to live in a developed India. For her, you and I will have to build this developed India. You must proclaim. India is not an under-developed nation; it is a highly developed nation.”
My answers to his questions-
When everything is negative here, why will the media not be?
So what are we doing with our strengths? Looting others…Ain’t it?
We are the first in Milk Production..True..but is the milk sufficient even for us?
Remote sensing is a joke in India..just used to loot all the minerals from this Land. (any doubts, refer KG BASIN SCAM)
Wheat, rice….are they sufficient for our own population?
For a nation whose boundary stretches from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, there will be some stories which will seem to be good. But is it not fact that there are exceptions for everything?
I will always remember the famous dialogue “if you donate a lakh to a beggar, he will beg in a golden bowl.”
I have to share an incident which happened in a city bus while I am commuting. I offered a seat to an elderly lady standing just beside me. After some stops, the one sitting beside the lady left. The lady started calling her son standing beside me to sit beside her. At that point of time, I could do nothing but ROFL. Let alone me, I can understand that lady. But if that ever happens to some other guy, will he ever help anyone else?  And to the core, are these people really fit to be helped?
Am I still trying to be pessimistic?? Ok..lemme narrate a few more examples. I pay 30% of my income as tax to ply on a pot holed road. For each and everything I buy, there is an indirect tax levied and so is the case with my cell phone. After I lost it, I complained it in the nearby police station, the reply was shocking, “we don’t take cell phone theft cases, there are enough already. You should take care of your cell” as if I have lost my phone just as a part of a game. Then why the bloody hell am I paying the taxes for?
The other day I had an argument with a friend on this topic and she says, “first be perfect yourself”. I said I follow the traffic rules, I always abide by the rules laid down, I pay my taxes, I vote. What else do you expect me to do??
TAKE SANYASA and Preach the nation??” like the so called Baba’s .
I will always vote, but am I not being given a choice between deaf, dumb and blind to rule us? Whom should I vote for now?
When I refer and read many blogs about tourism in India, the foreigners say that anyone from the west should visit India at least once, to respect their homeland and stop complaining about their own nation.
Perhaps, Churchill was right when he said that Indians are unfit to be independent. For us, democracy is just Alien. We are 60 odd years into democracy and still we fail to realize the intricacies of it. We are unfit to rule ourselves. We work at our best only when we are slaves.(Doubts??  Compare any Government sector with the Software Industry)
If it is anything that India had achieved over the past 60 years, it is only that it has managed to not rip itself apart successfully and become a 100 nations.
Finally, I always had a wish to do something for my Nation inspired by all the literature I read while growing up. But, practically are my efforts really worthy for these people, however small they are?


No comments:

Post a Comment